Possible Points of Considerations:
- There’s only one church and Jesus is it’s Chief Cornerstone.
- There’s only one foundation to the church.
- We can’t lay foundations over foundations.
- Prophets & Apostles are no longer needed.
- Someone’s got to step in.
- The Bible has been completed and there’s no more special revelation.
- They existed in their time for a specific task which has been completed.
- The Church has multiple foundations (Romans 15:20)
- The Church was “being built up” (Ephesians 2:20) and “is still being fitted together” (Ephesians 2:21)
- Christ “gave” (past tense) the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, “with a view to” (future tense) equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11,12,13)
- The church grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. (Ephesians 4:16)
So, If the Church is built upon the foundation of apostles and prophets. Why are so many trying to build it on the foundation of pastors?