According the APEST assessment, I am a PT or gifted in the Prophetic and Teaching. The characteristics of this combination are as follows:
- Questions what has become normative.
- Disturbs common thinking and practices.
- Agitates for positive change.
- Desires learning for purposes to influence.
- Discerns the message of Truth
- Seeks to ensure an authentic response to Truth
- Core issue is one’s relationship with God
- Urgency felt now, in the moment, “this must happen.”
- Comfortable dismantling the present for future hope
- Deep compassion for the cause of the people
- Inspires all people to respond to God’s message
- May communicate creatively to get message across
It seems that my top 12 blog posts of 2012 have centered around those characteristics. In truth, I never know what is going to make people react the way they do, but I am glad for the discussions. Many have contacted me offline to say how these writings have helped them in their personal faith and fellowships. Controversy for controversy sake is not helpful for the body of Christ, but sometimes divisions are helpful to show which among the body are recognized by God. (1 Corinthians 11:19) Some of these posts have comments where folks get what would be considered a bit nasty with others. I’ve done my best to maintain healthy and productive exchanges without disparaging the brethren. And so, in the order of most read/commented on:
For those of you who are on Facebook, you may subscribe to this blog HERE
For those who would like to subscribe via Email or RSS feed, click HERE.
Check out my Ebook, “14 Shifts in Disciple Making and A Framework – A Dynamic E-booklet “
My next Ebook, “The Gospel Rock in my Pocket” will be released in Mid-February 2013